Re: Hiding minimized windows from Overview?

There is no minimize per say in Gnome Shell (there not even a button for this).
Instead of changing the code (mutter or gnome shell) or even creating an extension, I suggest you simply change your workflow.
Like you I have Evolution on 100% of the time.
I simply put it in another workspace. Usually what I do is starting Evolution and Empathy on the first workspace, and I work (LibreOffice mainly) on workspace 2, and I use the subsequent workspaces for other applications (let say, Chromium, a terminal, Rhythmbox ...)

And that works great. I think I am even more efficient this way. When I go in overview mode I see only the applications on the workspace I'm on, and I can check on the other appli by switching workspace.
That will reduce a lot the interruptions and will increase your efficiency.

Good luck :)