The good, the bad, the insane

Hi ,

After having followed this list for quite some time, I now feel compelled to weigh in.

The good:

Overall Gnome-shell is absolutely fantastic. It is the most visually pleasing desktop I have ever seen, I love
the general workflow, love the workspace management.
Gnome-shell, especially considering it 3.0 nature, is ridiculously stable, and with the gallium driver feels very snappy.
A job very well done, Congratulations !!

The bad:

I dearly miss the Gnome2 Killer-app: netspeed-applet. I am confident, that someone will write an extension showing netspeed in the Top-Bar, but for now I really miss it. (I am running a conky script now, but it's just not the same.

Am I the only one to think, that the Close button should be on the left side ? Because for someone using only mouse or touchpad, in order to close your window you have to go all the way to the top right corner and in order to launch your next app across the whole screen to the left. (Before someone says, hey window buttons have always been on the right side, true, but also there have also always been Min and Max buttons. And yes, I know you can change that with gconf-editor, I just think it
should be default.

The insane:

Suspend/Shutdown:

I think this is the first design decision ever made in any desktop which made me angry. Leaving aside, that suspend - resume doesn't work with many laptops and especially desktop PC's, I simply cannot understand the thought process behind this decision. There was no need to change the old behaviour, and to say making Suspend default, because it would save energy, is so blatantly wrong, I'm at a loss for words.
That a machine uses less energy when turned off should be obvious.
Please go back to the old behaviour and make a lot of users happy. (especially us treehugging Germans :) )