Re: on suspend

On Wednesday, 04 May, 2011 07:05 AM, Jesse Hutton wrote:
Why is Gnome Shell relying so heavily on something that is notoriously difficult to make work across a wide array of hardware configurations?
The developers and designers must have their reasons, but I have the same question as you have. Only Microsoft and Apple have valid reasons to do _something_ like this since:
> Apple owned their hardware
> Microsoft will expect computer manufacturers to bundle their hardware with drivers _out_of_the_box_. > We cannot expect computer manufacturers to support all versions of the Linux kernel at the same time. So power management like "Suspend" won't work across the board.

Regards,
Allan