Re: on suspend

On Tue, May 03, 2011 at 10:59:58AM -0700, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> For me suspend works.. I can successfully suspend..  It's coming out of
> suspend that cause a problem.  In which case, even though suspend work,
> re-animation is broken.  So it needs to detect both parts.  For me I think
> it's some kind of problem with my disk (SSD) and not the usual graphics
> driver.

I meant that: Only say suspend works if the whole thing works.

E.g. When going to suspend, set some flag somewhere and sync it to disk.
When coming out of suspend, remove the flag. Now when booting, check if
the flag is set. If so, ask to/disable suspend.

Then the whole UI will automatically adjust because it will know suspend
is broken.
--
Regards,
Olav