Re: My opinions on Gnome Shell

Pasha,

There are more reasons to want particular application to be running for some time without interfering with others, I gave just one.

This could be a good time to tell us what those other reasons are.

Also, I do not classify things I'm doing as "tasks" or "window management".

You don't need to. When there is a window that you would like to minimize because it's not related to what you're doing at the moment, just throw it to another workspace. Then, when you're done with the current task, you can move to that other workspace to give the window a look.

You'll get the same benefits but the window will interfere with your work even less, because you won't even see it in the taskbar like you used to.