Re: Ideas and suggestions for Gnome shell.

2011/6/11 Giovanni Campagna <scampa giovanni gmail com>
Il giorno sab, 11/06/2011 alle 17.01 -0300, Job ha scritto:

>         >
>         > For touch Screen, Object Actions/Options, was already
>         solved, using
>         > "Hold Stay".
>

>         Hold Stay works if the object indicates the availability of an
>         action
>         (like a button or an icon). It doesn't work for background
>         actions (like
>         those you get by right clicking nautilus)
> A good and well design popup window with actions/options could be
> used, and will work  nicely.
> Why not?

Because it is very likely that the user won't even know it is there, and
because it is dangerous to make a big area clickable/actionable,
especially without other indications.

 "Hold and Stay", its not just a click.
Im nautilus, for example. The user could press and stay, after a time, the system presents the actions.
In iPad for example, to close a app, you press and stay the app icon on bar, then a minus sign show to say that you could close.
Theres no indicator for that. And almost all touch OS, included Android, has a similar actions whem you  press and stay.
Selection text for example,

Ok, I will try to make a Mockup, to explain better, showing in Nautilus.

Job

Giovanni