Re: Some suggestions

On 26/01/11 07:54 AM, Jean-Peer Lorenz wrote:
- The position of the clock looks too much like the title of the
entire screen - it feels slightly intrusive. I think it would look far
better tucked away to the right, along with the user's name and system
tray icons, with adequate spacing in-between.

+1 for me. This really annoys me. I don't understand why the clock is
presented in the middle of the screen. I think it's rather distractive
and does not help to focus on my current task.

Is it not more annoying that the clock just says "Wed 11:36"? That's is not useful information. I know it's Wednesday, instinctively. There are only seven days of the week. What I need to know at a glance is the calendar day, and it requires a click and eye movement to determine it.

That is beside the point that short forms like "Wed" are ugly.

--Pat