Re: Chatting on Gnome-shell

On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 19:47 +0100, Onyeibo Oku wrote:
> It looks more like a full front-end with an input box ... and not just
> mere notification replacement.  It should then come full with its
> emoticons etc. while Empathy should provide the chat engine.  I don't
> buy the duplication of interface

Chat engine is called telepathy. It was design in way that many
front-ends can use it as a backend concurrently.

While I'm fine with some notification tweaking I don't think that IM
should be put into gnome-shell directly (as then would be e-mail, file
manager, music player...).

Regards

PS. Personally I find using chat in gnome-shell hard to use - I prefer
to use separate windows.