Re: using Gnome-Shell with 90% of all applications is absolute garbage.

On Thu, 2011-04-14 at 16:39 -0400, jordan wrote:
> > Erm, I have no idea what you mean by this, but I have an ICE1724 in this
> > system with GNOME 3 and PA and it works perfectly. Well, it doesn't work
> > across a suspend/resume cycle, but then it never has, with or without
> > PA.
>
> I know when i tested it with Natty (not all that long ago), it was a no-go.

I'm on F15, it got broken briefly by some random 2.6.37 kernel change
and was fixed quickly after a bug was filed.

> Obviously that has now been fixed. - I don't use suspend or resume, i
> wasn't aware of that.
> how about the card itself???  if it does work with suspend and resume,
> than that just proves my point.
> that is undesirable and i consider that to be broken software.

It has nothing at all to do with GNOME 3 or PulseAudio, it's just that
the support for suspend/resume is missing in the kernel (ALSA) driver
for most ICE chipset cards (one or two have it implemented, but most
don't).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey