Re: Gnome objectives

1) Which features of the gnome shell do you consider more ergonomic
2) How do you find the gnome shell more productive than then classic Gnome DE?
than the classic gnome?
I would answer both at the same time since ergonmy is the key to productivity.

The list can be long :
 - The tiled view is awesome. I like it better than the expo plugin of compiz since the desktop are seen bigger.
 - The launchers which point to the app if it's already started. No use for an applist bar. Docks have been doing this for a while.
 - The depth of menus is shorter
 - mouse gestures are easier & faster than clicks. Most actions are performed with one click and only one.
in general, my feeling is that gnome-shell does at least as good as gnome+compiz+cairo-dock with way less config hacks than before. I'm using gnome-shell at work, while previously I was using gnome+compiz+cairo-dock. I have to manage ~20 computers, and tweaking compiz to get from eye-candy to real useful was some work. Now i get useful functions out of the box.

3) How is gnome shell easier to use than KDE?
I don't know if it's easier to use, I just like gnome look better.

I agree it can be quite disturbing at the beginning, but after a few hours, it's an experience I wouldn't want to abandon easily.