Gnome objectives

So I ran a poll on this in various communities -

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-853679.html
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57638&start=0

The Gentoo guys have interesting things to say, most of them are
developers and in that part of the forums many use other distros.

The Ubuntu guys who've voted a yes are bound to change their opinion
when they figure out Compiz will not work on Shell, and overtime they
will leave it probably in favor of KDE.

Anyway, I really thing Gnome shell can be made to look like old school
using widgets, but only if you can turn composting off and make the
zooming in and zooming out optional... I'll attach a documents on this
soon.