Re: Active Applications list

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 17:27:36 +0000 (GMT)
Sean Dunwoody <sean_dunwoody yahoo com> wrote:

> "Take this off list please."
>
> No freedom of speech???
>
> I don't want to live in Soviet Russia :-(

This isn't about censorship... this is about filling a useful mailing list with unhelpful bickering, and decreasing the signal to noise ratio for people trying to get things done.  The maintainers of this project have worked very hard to get where they are and we must respect the decisions they make for the official repository.  Anyone is free to clone it and even promote their branch on this list.  And if their contirubtions are widely accepted, the maintainers may change their opinions.  But in the mean time, in order to get any work done, they have to focus on the design they have come up with with input from many, many stakeholders who have more weight then you simply because they can put up money to get the work done, and because they are responsible for the experience of thousands of users.  Yes, GNOME is a community, but every community must have leaders that make the decisions.  Feel free to respond to me, but please not to the list.  People are trying to get work don
 e, so they can give away the fruits of their labor.  Say thanks, or say "here's an alternative", but don't harass them for not making the decision you wanted them to make.

--
Larry Reaves <larry yrral net>