Re: Re : interapplication communication

"I think though the whole dock thing is a distraction." - two modes (icon or none) each one prioritizes efficiency, the other cleanliness.
"But the dock seems sufficient for this purpose?" - Less is more, wouldn't it be nice to have the dock wrapped into the shell. Instead of having something on the top and bottom taking up space.
Having the dock wrapped into the shell also allows maximized applications to use that area, shown in the image. Giving the user more window room for the current application.

Younger Generation - Oh I have no doubt that kids with think the activity overlay is awesome, I think its awesome, and very useful. - I have a co-worker who gets lost in current applications and uses the osx window chooser (like what the activity over lay does) all the time.  Which is why both icon mode and regular mode still have the activities overlay. I really wouldn't know the outcome of demonstrating it at a school, I just feel that would be the best place to test.

Yay craziness! - thinks death star exploding.

statement-  "keep everything on top"
response - "I'm not really picking up the specific reasons you are referring to here."
rebuttal - unity, oh and the whole easier to move the mouse up, rather then down.

hackfest - "hear hear", jousting bear mug into the air.
Hope you guys will at least toss the idea about seeing as I won't be there. "thank god" -someone shouts in the background.