Re: Window Attention Extension

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 9:44 AM, Rovanion Luckey <rovanion luckey gmail com> wrote:

I encountered two issues while trying out this extensions that doesn't have to do with the extension itself but rather the behavior of applications.

First I noticed that many applications such as, including but not limited to, Mumble and PlayOnLinux always appeared on the current workspace rather than the desktop they were dropped on.

This behavior will only happen if you right click to activate the window.  Actually it happens when button 3 is pressed.  If you have remapped your buttons it could be causing this. This may also happen if a window is set to be on all workspaces.

The second note is on xchat which never called for attention according to this extension. It may be that xchat uses depricated signals for announcing that it needs attention but nor on launch nor on my name being mentioned in a channel did it appear in the extensions interface.

xchat and most other applications should be using libnotify or systray notifications to communicate to the user.  This plugin does not handle those instances.  I only handle when the demands_attention window hint is set by the application or window manager.

Jon