Re: Window Attention Extension

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 5:41 PM, Dylan McCall <dylanmccall gmail com> wrote:
On Tue, 2010-02-09 at 08:12 -0800, Jon Nettleton wrote:
> Hey guys,
>

> Just wanted to share my newest extension with you all.  It adds
> "Demands Attention" support to the gnome-shell message-tray.  It
> should work with most recent versions of the shell.  Basically you can
> just download it
> here, http://cloud.github.com/downloads/linux4kix/gnome-shell-extensions/window_attention_extension.tar.gz , extract it into ~/.config/gnome-shell/extensions, and restart the shell.

Neat! I was imagining something a lot like that :)

How about using the same convention for minimized windows? (And only
minimized windows. That way minimizing something would work again, and
it would mean moving the one object from one place to another instead of
having the window in two different views at the same time).

I think this is a great idea!! I'd like it very much.
One could use the bottom-left corner as hot-corner to display the list of thumbnails of minimized windows. Don't know if the developers would add it to Gnome-Shell, but maybe an extension can handle it...

By the way, nice to see extensions coming out. :)

--
Gianluca Inverso