Re: Gnome-Shell - questions and opinions

I assume from your later mail that you already have seen the latest
mockups in gnome-shell-design. So why do you think that the workspace
grid on the top left is better than the vertical one on the right?

Because it's closer to Activities button. No need to travel across the screen to change workspaces.

If we pan, we lose the point of the workspace grid, which is seeing all
workspaces at the same time.

If you have, say, 20 workspaces, there is no way to fit them all there at once properly (hence the removal of the original grid system). So, you pan left/right to see them all (if so many is what you want) - all without clicking, of course. Most users won't need that, because 4, 6 or 8 worspaces will fit easily.

It's really like iPhone/iPad screens, except you would have visibility of more than one at a time in the worspaces bar up the top. Think of it as workspace switcher on steroids.

I'm guessing app favourites should behave the same.

Also, there should be a way to change workspace without selecting a particular window on that workspace. Maybe a double click or something.

--
Bojan