Re: Gnome-Shell - questions and opinions

On Wed, 2010-12-29 at 23:50 +0100, Giovanni Campagna wrote:
> Current (2.91.4 / git master) gnome-shell experience is very different
> from the Fedora 14 packaged one (2.31.5).

Just one comment here regarding switching workspaces using mouse only.
Consider:

1. Travel to top left corner.
2. Travel all the way to the middle bottom.
3. Pick workspace you want.
4. Click on the window you want.

Here is a suggestion:

In overview mode, just under Activities button, above favourites bar and
to the left of Applications/Windows menu, there is enough space for a
scaled down, pan enabled workspace (one workspace high) grid, showing
all window positions the way they are. It would really help with quick
workspace switching if we had it there.

PS. If number of workspaces is too large to fit in this scaled down
grid, we can show left/right arrow on the vertical edges of this grid,
which would pan the grid on mouseover. Writing workspace number as
watermark on each of the workspaces would also be helpful.

--
Bojan