Re: Gnome Applets

Hi!

> Is it because I am on an oldish version of Gnome Shell in F14 that I
> have a small sys tray area next to the "me menu" with all these little
> gizmos like pidgin, monitor icon, volume, bluetooth, networkmanager
> etc? Is that the area and functionality we are talking about and is it
> gone in newer iterations of Gnome Shell?

This area is still there but it contains only system icons
(http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Design/Guidelines/SystemStatus). Those
are
* Universal access
* Input language
* Audio volume
* Bluetooth
* Network
* Battery and power

(and they are only visible if you have the appropriate hardware).

Erick was talking about other stuff that you can add to the gnome-panel
which isn't available in gnome-shell.

Johannes