Re: Gnome Applets

Til now you didn't answer the main question here, and I think you're
thinking too much as developer and less as users.

First:
Users don't really cares about what kind of design regularity or order
follow the UI, users cares about if it works like they wants, and if they
get what they want easily.
Second:
I think is a mistake take something back from the users. Gnome has a
history, a community (not just of developers), people that use gnome 2.x and
those people are use to gnome capabilities, if you remove something from
their desktop environments something they use, that might become a deal
breaker for a lot of them.
Third:
I might be looking in the wrong place but I don't see how to replace the
"Specialized UI Enhancements and Crack" things (cause i 'm going to stop
using the words applets), and as I said before, that would be missed. (Cause
let me say I'm agree about the others fits into your actual design) Let me
put it this way cause I might not be able to find the right words: There's a
lot of things the users will find useful that aren't worthy of a full
fledged application, tomboy, hamster-applet, currency-converter, countdown
timers, translator, cpu/memory meters, TODO lists,  etc. And I don't see
that design anywhere in Gnome Shell.
And let me say this, isn't just me Apple (Mac OSX, iOS), Android, Windows 7,
KDE Desktop, all those big players think the same.

My point:
There's two kind of user interactions, through full fledged application, and
something more light, something really fast, running at the background, easy
of access, and not blocking the attention or at least not disturbing the
workflow of the desktop.

One more thing:
Allan, I read the Owen's post and that let a lot of thing without solution,
even there's posts answering what he said there, exposing fair, valid
points, and no answer back.

Now, I'm not trying to be stubborn or something else, I just didn't see any
of this clear, and resist to believe that a capable team as Gnome Team will
miss something that obvious. I will keep looking, and I appreciate all the
answer and burdens you're taking for my questioning.

Erick