Re: Couple of Suggestions

On 10/19/2009 12:47 PM, Adam Gignac wrote:
> What if there is no key above the tab? On my laptop, a Toshiba Satellite
> M100, the tab is the upper-most key on the left side - although I guess
> you could argue that the 1 or the Esc key is 'above' it.

Well, presumably you don't actually have a
Toshiba-Satellite-M100-specific keyboard layout according to
gnome-keyboard-properties? So as far as the system is concerned, you
have a 105-key US keyboard (or whatever), and so the binding would be
Alt-`, and if that's inconvenient for you... well, there are probably
other keybindings that are inconvenient for you too if you have a
slightly-scrunched-up laptop keyboard. (I'm always hitting F1 instead of
Esc on mine...)

-- Dan