Couple of Suggestions

Hi,

I've been using GS for the past three or four weeks and I'm really
impressed with the speed and quality of development. Here are a couple
of suggestions that I think would greatly improve the experience.

1) Switching between windows of the same application

At the moment this is done by alt-tabbing to the application you want
then using alt-tilde to choose the window you want. Most of the time I
want to change windows in the current application, so I end up
alt-tabbing to the next application and back again, so I can alt-tilde
to the window I want. It would be better if alt-tilde on its own
brought up the display and started changing windows of the current
app.

2) Windows on the current workspace

The display of windows in the overlay is a great feature, and I find
myself using it to choose the window I want - instead of the alt-tab
feature - whenever the window I want to use is more than a couple of
apps down the queue. It would be particularly helpful if you could
bring up an overlay of just the current workspace - by flinging the
mouse into the top-right corner, or hitting alt-meta or something.
Perhaps you could use meta-# to bring up an overlay of workspace
number #?

3) The application in the top bar

The current application displays in the top bar next to the
"Activities" label, but doesn't seem to do much else. It'd be good if
it brought up the same menu right-clicking on it does in the overlay,
or otherwise allowed you to choose a window, etc. I suspect this would
be easy to implement.

Hope this helps!

Will