Re: Couple of Suggestions

On Mon, 2009-10-19 at 10:34 -0400, Dan Winship wrote:
> On 10/19/2009 06:46 AM, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> > On Sat, 2009-10-17 at 09:29 +1100, William Madden wrote:
> >> to the window I want. It would be better if alt-tilde on its own
> >> brought up the display and started changing windows of the current
> >> app.
> >
> > I don't know what alt-tilde is used for, but it's an awful combination
> > for people who use keyboard layouts with dead-keys.
>
> On a US English keyboard, ` and ~ are on the key above Tab,

Thats the problem though, key placement: On a UK English keyboard ~ is
the shift option on the key beside the return key on the complete
opposite side from the tab key and alt-~ would just be awkward to use.
Would it be possible to do some sort of time delay: alt-tab through the
applications, pausing over application for x seconds while still holding
alt would switch to the windows of that application and then alt-tab
would cycle through them?

iain