Re: New mockups for shell - round 2

Hi Jeremy,

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 4:21 PM, Jeremy Perry <jeremy perry redhat com> wrote:
> Thanks Marina, Jon and  the rest of the desktop team for your thoughtful
> feedback on the previous mockups. I've finally posted some new stuff based
> on this, hope you enjoy.
>
> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/DesignerPlayground/AppBrowsingAlternative02
>
> The earlier iteration is linked at the top of that page as well.

Thanks so much for working on these.  They look really nice to me.
Except for basically one thing :)

I'm still not sure we need all those categories.  But the way you're
presenting it here with an All option makes it much better.

The main thing I'm not excited about is the way the search box is
disconnected from the search results.

It is also inconsistent with the way the other "more" and "info"
actions work.  I also don't think we want to place the seach box onto
the panel outside the overlay.

Maybe something like this instead?:

( Activities )
|  | Travel                               |   |__ >     |  Results for
"Travel"                X |

|                                                              |  TIME

|   Firefox     Pidgin     Totem                  |

Hopefully that ascii art is somewhat understandable.

Jon