Re: New mockups for shell - round 2

On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 16:21 -0400, Jeremy Perry wrote:
> Thanks Marina, Jon and  the rest of the desktop team for your
> thoughtful feedback on the previous mockups. I've finally posted some
> new stuff based on this, hope you enjoy.
>
> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/DesignerPlayground/AppBrowsingAlternative02

Nice work!

Some Comments:

* The more buttons got a magnifying glass on them so they look like
   search buttons but they are not. Maybe use a plus sign?

* Why is the more button for applications not uniform with the other
   more buttons? IMHO the button should be at least right-align as the
   others are. This way the reference between the button and the overlay
   is clearer.

* Bringing this work together with the ideas on the panel, there will
   be something (what ever it will be) the search field will overlap, it
   might look awkward.

* Where are the sources? I thought this for several mocksup I saw so
   far, where are the source files of the graphics, so you can more
   easily create derivatives to show your thoughts and comment
   visually.

--
Florian Ludwig <dino phidev org>