Re: People Overlay

Hi

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 11:17 PM, Thomas Delaet<thomas delaet org> wrote:
>> Cool.  I'll try to take a look.  Does this relate to the meta-contacts
>> project that the Telepathy project has been talking about?
>
> Indeed. But as said before it goes beyond telepathy's real-time
> communication goals and integrates contacts from online services
> (google, facebook ...), local applications and the services that
> telepathy offers.

Sorry, I'm not sure if what I'm gonna say is stupid but I believe that
the most interesting service that Telepathy offers is tunneling,
tubes. Telepathy looks like a system that goes beyond IM, it allows
for communication with other local applications and different,
pluggable, online servers. It makes me think of Gstreamer. I'm not
sure but perhaps there could be some overlapping between Telepathy and
People if there's no care.

What would happen if new protocol plugins for Telepathy were created
so that you can add Twitter, Facebook, Google and Evolution accounts?
They can provide access to contacts that perhaps you can't IM with but
that you can interact by using other services that Telepathy might
allow. Wouldn't this conflict with People project?

--
Fernando