Re: People Overlay

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Thomas Delaet<thomas delaet org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I saw this message from a few months ago:
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-shell-list/2009-June/msg00044.html.
> I am interested in implementing this kind of people overlay in one
> form or another.
>
> Are there any opinions on this matter? People interested in such a
> feature? Someone who is willing to collaborate on this?

Certainly have opinions :)  We'll I think what we would be interested
in exploring is being able to search for contacts directly from the
Overview search box.  If a contact is found, the details display for
that item should show some recent conversations etc.  So that would be
cool.

> I am currently working on the People project, which aims to unify
> contact information from all kinds of (online and local) sources. I
> would like to use the People project as a backend for the people
> overlay.

Neat.  Having a single Contact list that combines contacts from
evolution, empathy, google, facebook, etc would great.  We could even
link this right to the User menu at the top right of the screen (or
just as a favorite app).

> More information about the people project:
> https://launchpad.net/people-project
> http://tdelaet.blogspot.com/2009/08/people-project.html

Cool.  I'll try to take a look.  Does this relate to the meta-contacts
project that the Telepathy project has been talking about?

Thanks,
Jon