People Overlay

Hi

I saw this message from a few months ago:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-shell-list/2009-June/msg00044.html.
I am interested in implementing this kind of people overlay in one
form or another.

Are there any opinions on this matter? People interested in such a
feature? Someone who is willing to collaborate on this?

I am currently working on the People project, which aims to unify
contact information from all kinds of (online and local) sources. I
would like to use the People project as a backend for the people
overlay.