Documentation for gnome-shell

Hi,

I am new to gnome-shell and am trying to understand the various JavaScript objects involved. I'm doing that currently by reading over the source in .../gnome-shell/source/gnome-shell/js/ui/.

I have a couple of documentation questions. First, is there any architecture documents that describe how the various objects interact? Like an overview of how these object fit together?

Secondly, there are a set of "gi" objects that are typically imported and used by the JavaScript objects. They look to me like C/C++ Glib (?) objects that have JavaScript bindings. An example is "imports.gi.Big". Is there any documentation of these objects'/classes' API? Using "Big" as an example: What isa Big? What are its methods?

Actually, it would be useful if there are API documentation for the JS-objects themselves (e.g., Overlay).

Thanks for any information.

--
;;;;joseph

'What did one snowman say to the other snowman?'
            - "Adrift", D. Hume -