MOCKUP: Additional overlays

Dear all,

I spent some time making a mockup for how *I* would like to see GNOME
Shell develop. Of course, I understand that there are probably many who
see differently, and that my design may even violate some GNOME design
principles; or even many... But nevertheless, I wanted to make my
suggestions; lest I regret not doing so later.

My idea is that GNOME Shell can have a separate People tab (I realise
now that there are mockups for this already, but mine is slightly
different). I go on to further suggest that perhaps GNOME Shell could
even be extensible by making plugins able to make new overlays (such as
RSS feed readers, etc). In doing so, common tasks can be made much
simpler.

My mockup can be seen here:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/DesignerPlayground/PeopleOverlay

Thoughts, objections, ideas?