Re: libgnomeprint cups backend vs libgnomecups

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 17:05 -0400, Jody Goldberg wrote:

> No links off hand.  The functionality revolves around settings.
> It gives users a way to quickly switch between settings.  Something
> like
>     - duplex high quality	(Presentation)
>     vs
>     - single sided low quality	(Proof)
>
> It's very convenient.

Ah, I see.  So we'd store this in GConf?

> Ok, I'd been mixing patches and thought that this was pulling in a
> requirement for the patched cupsd.  Most of them can go in with the
> exception of the configure.in changes.  We'll need to be more
> graceful there and make the libgnomecups req dependent on cups in
> general.

I went ahead and included the libgnomecups test too, since the code
would no longer compile without libgnomecups.  I changed it so that cups
support will only be enabled if both are present.  I hope you don't mind
- my thought was that it will be easier to change the existing code a
bit (if necessary) rather than add just that part back in.  But it is a
bit more urgent now to figure out what to do with libgnomecups as a
module...

Thanks!