Re: libgnomeprint cups backend vs libgnomecups

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 11:24:49AM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 14:06 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > Colin and I have been busy hacking the cups module in libgnomeprint to
> > make it use libgnomecups, which allows us to display and update printer
> > state information in the print dialog.
> > We have made screenshots and patches available at
> > http://people.redhat.com/mclasen/libgnomeprint so that people can see
> > where we're heading. This certainly needs some more work, but we would
> > be interested in getting it upstream soon.
>
> I've merged our libgnomeprintui patch to include the latest changes on
> HEAD:
>
> http://people.redhat.com/walters/libgnomeprint/libgnomeprintui-2.7.1-dynamism.patch
>
> The icons definitely need improvement.
>
> Jody, do you think you might have a chance to take a look at this?

I was at the lsm printing summit last week and have not given this a
thorough review yet.  The short answer is that I'd like it to go in,
but have a few suggestions for afterward.  Using a list is
definitely better than the combo or a window's style icon list.
However, I'd like to do a more complete audit before you commit.
Specificly to see what libgnomeprint changes the ui change requires
    eg start/start polling