Re: libgnomeprint cups backend vs libgnomecups

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 12:06:34PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> Ok, great!  The major remaining issues as I see them are:
>
> o What to do with Settings
> o Different icons for local printers/print to file?  Toss icons
>   entirely?
> o Handling print to file better?
>
> Anything else?

- We'll want to modify gnome-cups-manager to use a similar UI for
  printer selection.
- Add user createable/selectable setups (akin to OS X)
- More work on settings :-)

> In terms of API?  There is the GPAState element, and three new methods
> on GPAPrinter: gpa_printer_set_polling and
> gpa_printer_get_state{,_by_id}.
>
> But in terms of the overall approach and implementation (making the
> printer list dynamic and showing state), the libgnomeprintui patch
> depends on pretty much all of the libgnomeprint patch.

I like the UI portions, but can't find the libgnomeprint patch on
there.  Could you forward a copy ?