Re: libgnomeprint cups backend vs libgnomecups

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 17:13 -0400, Jody Goldberg wrote:

> I was at the lsm printing summit last week and have not given this a
> thorough review yet.  The short answer is that I'd like it to go in,
> but have a few suggestions for afterward.

Ok, great!  The major remaining issues as I see them are:

o What to do with Settings
o Different icons for local printers/print to file?  Toss icons
  entirely?
o Handling print to file better?

Anything else?

> Using a list is
> definitely better than the combo or a window's style icon list.
> However, I'd like to do a more complete audit before you commit.
> Specificly to see what libgnomeprint changes the ui change requires
>     eg start/start polling

In terms of API?  There is the GPAState element, and three new methods
on GPAPrinter: gpa_printer_set_polling and
gpa_printer_get_state{,_by_id}.

But in terms of the overall approach and implementation (making the
printer list dynamic and showing state), the libgnomeprintui patch
depends on pretty much all of the libgnomeprint patch.