Re: [gpm] Re: Gnome 2.16 Module Proposal: GNOME Power Manager

> > Nope. I'm working on a laptop at the moment, and I don't care that my
> > battery is fully charged. This is because it's plugged into the wall. If
> > I wasn't plugged into the wall, I'd start caring - but I'd also get a
> > battery symbol.
>
> Am I the only one who mouses over the applet to see how much more time
> until the battery is fully charged?

Certainly not.

I'd be right miffed if this particular functionality wasn't available by
default on a laptop anymore -- especially when you're at a conference,
or some other 'on-AC-but-time-limited-by-other-commitments' event and
you *need* to make sure you have enough battery life available to
actually perform a demo.

I also might care about the icon, if say -- i've got a problem with ACPI
not detecting my battery -- yeah, the laptop's OK when you're plugged
into the wall (which I am now), but *all your work goes boom!* when you
disconnect the power.

Using Luis' 'chauffeur scenario' -- the latter case is kind of like your
driver turning around to you and saying, 'sir, we've left the gas tank
on the road, about ten miles back.'

Most Annoying.

Paul