Re: error message at gpilotd initialization

Hi Landis,

On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 06:52 -0700, Landis McGauhey wrote:
> Nathan, thank you very much.  Unfortunately, all of the USB nodes
> (there are several) available from the applet's drop-down list
> generate the same error message.  By the way, the same is true of the
> USB nodes available from the drop-down list in JPilot.

The error message you reported ("Check your configuration, as you
requested old-style usbserial 'ttyUSB' syncing...") is specific to
gnome-pilot, so I presume you are talking about some other error message
if you got the same error messages from JPilot?

What version of pilot-link do you have installed?

Can you confirm that you did try using "usb:" instead of "/dev/ttyUSB0"
or whatever?

Can you try 'pilot-xfer -p usb: -l' from a terminal window?  What
happens?

Matt

Matt Davey        Over-investment and over-speculation are often important;
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk 	but they would have far less serious results were
			 they not conducted with borrowed money.
			                       -- Irving Fisher, 1933.