Re: error message at gpilotd initialization

Nathan, thank you very much.  Unfortunately, all of the USB nodes (there are several) available from the applet's drop-down list generate the same error message.  By the way, the same is true of the USB nodes available from the drop-down list in JPilot.

Keeping on eye on Nautilus open to /dev, I notice that every time the sync button is pressed on the PDA, nodes with very strange names like "usbdev2.29_ep81" appear in /dev.  The suffix numeral of each new node increases by one digit with each new press of the sync button.

I'm rather stymied at this point, but I know there's a solution and with the insight and help of everyone on the list, we'll find it.

Thanks again,

Landis McGauhey
North-Central California USA