Re: Installing gnome-pilot 2.0.16

Hello,

I had almost complete success... then I spoiled a good deal of it,
trying to do too well:

Le vendredi 12 septembre 2008 à 16:38 +0100, Matt Davey a écrit :

[...]

> On my ubuntu install, I have a
> file /etc/bonobo-activation/bonobo-activation-config.xml that lists the
> directories in which the system searches for .server files.
> Add /usr/local/lib/bonobo/servers to the list.

This almost solved everything. I was able to access the gnome-pilot
preferences through the system menu, and Bluetooth hotsync worked (first
time!)

The only thing I could not do, is to have the "pilot applet" added to
the main dashboard. Well, I think it is there, but I don't see the icon.
The two things which make me think it is there indeed are:
- if I don't "add" it, I do not get a visual feedback (with the progress
bars) during the hotsync. I do have them if I add it once (though no
icon).
- if I add it more than once (which I tried, as you imagine), I get
several "gnome-pilot progress" items in the lower taskbar. One for each
time I added it, I'd bet.

So I'm bound to think it's purely an icon issue, but I don't know how
the icons work for such special apps as toolbar applets.

But then, I tried one or two ugly tweaks and eventually messed up my
toolbars. So I reset the gnome settings (this at least I know how to do
it). (I'm doing all these attempts on a "draft" HD, with my old PDA. I
want to be sure I can do it cleanly on my real system.)

Bad idea... Now I am stuck at the initial sync. After choosing "usb"
type and "usb:" device, the (usb) hotsync hangs. I'm surprised, because
this step never was troublesome before.

I'm sure a complete, clean reinstall will fix this, but don't be
surprised if you don't hear from me for a while...

[...]

Best regards,
--

Daniel Clément