Installing gnome-pilot 2.0.16

Dear list members,

I'm having trouble installing gnome-pilot 2.0.16, compiling it from
source. (Ubuntu Hardy)

I think I have all the required packages (with much trial and error; I'm
not an expert at compiling) but...

- after installing (along with the 2.0.16 conduits), my gnome-pilot
"about" box still says "2.0.15". Yet, there was a bluetooth option in
the conduits... not working. So I thought I should have suppressed the
old packages (2.0.15) before, but...

- if I do so, I cannot even start "PalmOS Devices" under the system
menu: "Cannot connect to the GnomePilot daemon".

I'd be glad if someone could help me. TIA,
--

Daniel Clément