Re: Installing gnome-pilot 2.0.16

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your help,

Le jeudi 11 septembre 2008 à 14:26 +0100, Matt Davey a écrit :

> Hi Daniel,
[...]
> I suggest you take a look at the recent discussion on this list.  The
> thread started here:
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-pilot-list/2008-August/msg00011.html
>
> Regards,
>
> Matt
>
> Matt Davey		Diplomacy is letting them have it your way.
> mcdavey mrao cam ac uk

Indeed this thread made things a little clearer (I only searched for
gnome-pilot 2.0.16 in the archive).

It's true that my Evolution-related conduits were gone. Now I can see
how to restore them. (Strangely, they are here
under /usr/share/gnome-pilot-conduits even though the
gnome-pilot-conduits 2.0.15 package is suppressed...)

Then, your advice was to search for a the GNOME_PilotApplet.server file.
I was unable to locate it under /lib/bonobo/servers/ (I don't have
a /lib/bonobo/ directory, perhaps because I have suppressed the original
gnome-pilot package).

But I do have one such file under /usr/local/lib/bonobo/servers, along
with a GNOME_Pilot_Daemon.server.

There I must confess my poor knowledge... what should I do with them? I
don't know how to get the gnome-pilot daemon started, neither to access
its settings from the system menu!

Shame on my ignorance...
--

Daniel Clément