Re: Installing gnome-pilot 2.0.16

Hi again,

answers inline.

On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 17:04 +0200, Daniel Clément wrote:
> Hello Matt,
>
> Thank you for your help,
>
> Le jeudi 11 septembre 2008 à 14:26 +0100, Matt Davey a écrit :
>
> > Hi Daniel,
> [...]
> > I suggest you take a look at the recent discussion on this list.  The
> > thread started here:
> > http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-pilot-list/2008-August/msg00011.html
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Matt
> >
> > Matt Davey		Diplomacy is letting them have it your way.
> > mcdavey mrao cam ac uk
> >

> Indeed this thread made things a little clearer (I only searched for
> gnome-pilot 2.0.16 in the archive).
>
> It's true that my Evolution-related conduits were gone. Now I can see
> how to restore them. (Strangely, they are here
> under /usr/share/gnome-pilot-conduits even though the
> gnome-pilot-conduits 2.0.15 package is suppressed...)

The evolution conduits are part of the evolution distribution, not
gnome-pilot-conduits.

> Then, your advice was to search for a the GNOME_PilotApplet.server file.
> I was unable to locate it under /lib/bonobo/servers/ (I don't have
> a /lib/bonobo/ directory, perhaps because I have suppressed the original
> gnome-pilot package).

I presume it was removed when you removed the gnome-pilot 2.0.15
package?

> But I do have one such file under /usr/local/lib/bonobo/servers, along
> with a GNOME_Pilot_Daemon.server.
>
> There I must confess my poor knowledge... what should I do with them? I
> don't know how to get the gnome-pilot daemon started, neither to access
> its settings from the system menu!

On my ubuntu install, I have a
file /etc/bonobo-activation/bonobo-activation-config.xml that lists the
directories in which the system searches for .server files.
Add /usr/local/lib/bonobo/servers to the list.

> Shame on my ignorance...

Not at all!

Matt

Matt Davey		I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six.
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk 	Mother took me to see him in a department store and
			he asked for my autograph.  -- Shirley Temple Black