Re: Gnome-Pilot on Kubuntu

Hi again,

On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 12:00 -0700, Rick Knight wrote:
> Matt Davey wrote:
> > Hi Rick,
> >
> > Glad the install of gnome-pilot 2.0.16 worked pretty well.
> >
> > On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 09:47 -0700, Rick Knight wrote:
> > [...]
> >> And this error (repeated for each conduit)...
> >>
> >> (gpilotd-control-applet:18420): libgpilotdcm-WARNING **: unable to
> >> g_module_open
> >> (/opt/gnome2/lib/evolution/2.12/conduits/libeaddress_conduit.so), reason
> >> /opt/gnome2/lib/libedataserverui-1.2.so.8: undefined symbol:
> >> e_source_peek_color_spec
> >>
> >> Can you suggest a way around these errors?
> >>

> > Hmmm.  This suggests your svn install of evolution is a bit broken.
> > libedataserverui is complaining that it can't find the definition of
> > 'e_source_peek_color_spec', which should be defined in 'libedataserver'.
> >
> > I suspect that libedataserverui is picking up your system installed
> > version of 'libedataserver', instead of your newly compiled version
> > (assuming you do have 'libedataserver' compiled from svn and living
> > in /opt/gnome2/lib).  You can run
> > 'ldd /opt/gnome2/lib/libedataserverui-1.2.so.8 | grep libedataserver' to
> > see where it is finding libedataserver.  If it is picking up the wrong
> > version, that probably points to a bug in evolution-data-server, as it
> > should have a newer version for libedataserver to prevent it picking up
> > the old version.
> >
> > Matt
> >[...]
> Thanks again Matt,
>
> Here's the output of ldd /opt/gnome2/lib/libedataserverui-1.2.so.8 |
> grep libedataserver...
>
> libedataserver-1.2.so.9 => /opt/gnome2/lib/libedataserver-1.2.so.9
> (0xb7e85000)
>
> It looks like it's pointing to the correct file. Anything else I can try?

In that case we need to check which 'libeaddress_conduit.so' is being
picked up by your gnome-pilot installation - do you have versions from a
previous evolution installation?  Run 'ldd' on 'libeaddress_conduit.so'
- it could be picking up a mixture of libedataserver* libraries.

The available conduits are found by searching for all "*.conduit" files
in a known directory - usually "/usr/lib/gnome-pilot/conduits".  If you
have got the wrong paths in these .conduit files, it will pick up the
wrong conduit.so files.  You want to make sure the .conduit, conduit.so,
libe* files are all coming from your svn build.

Matt