Re: gnome-pilot gnubie

Hi Paul,

On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 22:55 -0400, Paul King wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 10:23 +0100, Matt Davey wrote:
> > Hi Paul,
>
> > Don't worry, the evolution conduits come in the base evolution package
> > on Ubuntu.

> > > This brings up an instance of Gpilot. My info is already there. I am
> > > still not convinced that Evolution is aware of any of this info.
> >
> > I think what you're missing is the need to enable the Evolution
> > conduits.  When you bring up the configuration applet for gnome-pilot,
> > click on "Conduits", make sure your PDA is selected (you have probably
> > only got one configured) and then make sure the Evolution conduits are
> > Enabled (EAddress, ECalendar, EMemos, ETodo).  You can then decide if
> > you want to synchronise, overwrite the desktop from the PDA or overwrite
> > the PDA from the desktop.
> >

> They were already enabled. I don't think that is the problem.

Okay, let's get some more information.

Try running gpilotd from the command-line and send us the output:
     1. open a terminal.
     2. remove the gnome-pilot applet from the taskbar (the hotsync
        icon) if it is there.
     3. start gpilotd in the terminal (usually /usr/bin/gpilotd
        or /usr/libexec/gpilotd)
     4. Now do a sync.
     5. Post the output from the terminal to this list.

If you are getting data backed up but Evolution addresses etc. are not
getting synced, then there is some problem with the Evolution conduits.
Either they are not recognised by gnome-pilot, not enabled, not running
at sync time or not running correctly.

Have you  double-checked the conduit settings in the gnome-pilot
configuration applet?  If you have multiple addressbooks, for example,
is gnome-pilot synching with the right one?

Matt

Matt Davey        Not everything that counts can be counted, and not
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk 	everything that can be counted counts. - Einstein.