Re: gnome-pilot gnubie

On Sun, 2008-06-15 at 14:47 +1000, Andrew Greig wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Start by installing evolution-pilot, using whatever package manager
> suits your distro.

I can't find anything comparable for Debian (Ubuntu 8). apt-get can't
find anything called "evolution-pilot". Even search strings like
"evolution pilot" (no quotes and with or without a hyphen) on the Ubuntu
site yield absolutely nothing. Doing this in Google only leads me to rpm
packages, and I am not sure I would want to use alien unless I am
desperate.

>   Then go to Edit>Synchronisation Options and follow
> the bouncing ball.

This brings up an instance of Gpilot. My info is already there. I am
still not convinced that Evolution is aware of any of this info.

>  Since you have synched this already using Gpilot,
> you should answer YES to the question.

I missed something. Yes to "what" question?

>  That way Evolution pilot will
> pull your ID from the device.

My ID is already on gpilot, if that is what you are talking about.

>  Your backup data will end up in ~/MyPDA
> or ~/MyPilot or whatever is in the dialogue box.

Yes, the backup data is all there. I can read it in jpilot, but I have
never read it under evolution, and can't read it now. (Jpilot has its
own separate issues which make it only faintly useable -- and then only
if gpilot is running).