Re: gnome-pilot gnubie

On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 10:15 -0400, Paul King wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new at using gpilot. So far, it works well with the m105. Clicking
> on the cradle button gives an impressive bunch of clicks and noises, but
> I don't know where the data goes. Probably into a bit bucket someplace.
>
> I also use Evolution, and I have heard rumors that it can work with
> Evolution. That would be news to me, because I checked out the day
> planner that comes with Evolution, and there is none of my stuff on it.
> There is also an address book on Evolution, but it is all old data.
>
> So, how is it that you guys get gpilotd to talk to Evolution? Can I
> update my palm from Evolution, and can I update evolution's data and
> download it on to my palm?
>
> Paul King

Hi Paul,

Start by installing evolution-pilot, using whatever package manager
suits your distro.  Then go to Edit>Synchronisation Options and follow
the bouncing ball.  Since you have synched this already using Gpilot,
you should answer YES to the question.  That way Evolution pilot will
pull your ID from the device.  Your backup data will end up in ~/MyPDA
or ~/MyPilot or whatever is in the dialogue box.

Answer to your third para, Yes and Yes.

Andrew Greig
Melbourne, Australia