Re: gnome-pilot gnubie

Hi Paul,

On Sun, 2008-06-15 at 08:33 -0400, Paul King wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-06-15 at 14:47 +1000, Andrew Greig wrote:
> > Hi Paul,
> >
> > Start by installing evolution-pilot, using whatever package manager
> > suits your distro.
>
> I can't find anything comparable for Debian (Ubuntu 8). apt-get can't
> find anything called "evolution-pilot". Even search strings like
> "evolution pilot" (no quotes and with or without a hyphen) on the Ubuntu
> site yield absolutely nothing. Doing this in Google only leads me to rpm
> packages, and I am not sure I would want to use alien unless I am
> desperate.

Don't worry, the evolution conduits come in the base evolution package
on Ubuntu.

> >   Then go to Edit>Synchronisation Options and follow
> > the bouncing ball.
>
> This brings up an instance of Gpilot. My info is already there. I am
> still not convinced that Evolution is aware of any of this info.

I think what you're missing is the need to enable the Evolution
conduits.  When you bring up the configuration applet for gnome-pilot,
click on "Conduits", make sure your PDA is selected (you have probably
only got one configured) and then make sure the Evolution conduits are
Enabled (EAddress, ECalendar, EMemos, ETodo).  You can then decide if
you want to synchronise, overwrite the desktop from the PDA or overwrite
the PDA from the desktop.

Matt

Matt Davey			To err is human, to moo bovine.
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk