gpilotd sync stopped working

Hello,

I'm running Debian lenny (testing) with pilot-link 0.12.3-4 and
gnome-pilot 2.0.15-2.1.  Sometime in the past 3-4 weeks (don't know
exactly what upgrade), sync stopped working.  I plug in my Treo 700, hit
sync, and nothing happens.  None of my old tricks involving timing a
gpilotd restart or continue with the sync work (tried everything from 10
secs before to 10 secs after at 1 sec intervals).  And nothing shows up
in .xsession-errors when I sync, it's as if gpilotd doesn't know
anything is going on.

However, pilot-xfer works just fine, and as many times as I like, so I
can back everything up just fine, regardless of the timing of running
pilot-xfer vs. syncing the device (which is better than things were
under etch).  Thus the problem is *not* libusb (which I use), or
libpisync/libpisock etc.

I haven't changed any of my old settings since it last worked with
lenny.

Any ideas on what could be wrong with my setup?

Thanks,
-Adam

Engineering consulting with open source tools
http://www.opennovation.com/