Re: gpilotd sync stopped working

Hi Adam,

On Sun, 2008-04-27 at 18:36 -0400, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm running Debian lenny (testing) with pilot-link 0.12.3-4 and
> gnome-pilot 2.0.15-2.1.  Sometime in the past 3-4 weeks (don't know
> exactly what upgrade), sync stopped working.  I plug in my Treo 700, hit
> sync, and nothing happens.  None of my old tricks involving timing a
> gpilotd restart or continue with the sync work (tried everything from 10
> secs before to 10 secs after at 1 sec intervals).  And nothing shows up
> in .xsession-errors when I sync, it's as if gpilotd doesn't know
> anything is going on.

[snip]

> Any ideas on what could be wrong with my setup?

Hmm.  One possibility is that HAL has been updated (see thread from
Frederic Crozat from March 21st last).

You might be able to check this by suspending hald and restarting
gpilotd.  gpilotd should fall back to polling /proc for detection of USB
devices.

If that's not the case, please send gpilotd console output.

Matt

Matt Davey		Many candles can be kindled from one candle
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk 	    without diminishing it.  -- the Midrash