Re: cannot get ID number

Hi Patrick,

On Sun, 2008-04-27 at 11:13 +0200, Patrick Giraudoux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> working on Linux Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy and Gnome, I try to configure
> gnome-pilot and get the owner and ID number of my palm. The connexion
> is usb:
> When I connect, I get the owner name but the ID box stay empty.

Have you ever synced with that palm?  I have never seen this behaviour,
but I guess it could happen if the ID has never been set on the palm.

If this is the case, you should be able to use the configuration applet
by claiming that the palm has never been used with sync software before.

> If I go further eg with j-pilot, trying to synchronize, I get the
> following message:
>
> "Pilot inconnu - aucun Pilot ne correspond à l'ID -1179155961 Utiliser
> gnomecc pour configurer gnome-pilot" which means: "Unknown Pilot - no
> Pilot corresponds to the ID -1179155961. Use gnomecc to configure
> gnome-pilot"

This message has come from gnome-pilot.  You will have to kill gpilotd
before trying to use j-pilot.

Matt