Re: Beginner looking for an 'Howto'

Matt Davey wrote:
Have you tried using pilot-xfer yet?  This should be simpler to get
going than gnome-pilot, and will rule out a bunch of other problems.

What error messages do you get?  Timeouts?  Permissions?
mirv:/home/jerome>pilot-xfer -p /dev/ttyUSB1 -l

   Listening to port: /dev/ttyUSB1

   Please press the HotSync button now...
   Error accepting data on /dev/ttyUSB1

In logs :
Mar 23 16:34:25 mirv kernel: usb 4-1: pilot-xfer timed out on ep0in

The curious thing is that the device is sometimes connected on ttyUSB0 & 1, or ttyUSB2 & 3.

If the device uses ttyUSB1 and then I use the commande :
>pilot-xfer -p /dev/ttyUSB1 -l
and press sync, nothing appends, and the palm disconnects...

Indeed not!  if you are running udev, the usb device nodes may be
created automatically, in which case you probably need to edit a file
with a name like "/etc/udev/permissions.d/50-udev.permissions" to change
ttyUSB*:root:uucp:0660
ttyUSB*:root:uucp:0666
Ok, I've done it before doing the tests with pilot-xfer.

Jerome