Re: Beginner looking for an 'Howto'

Matt Davey wrote:
OK, you're getting somewhere now.

Try increasing the 'timeout' value from 2 secs to 100secs,
in the applet (go to the Devices tab, select your device
(probably 'Cradle'), click 'Edit', and change the timeout
value).

Does that help?
No, unfortunatly... I cannot access the pilot anymore. Are there some access rights to set ? I used :
>chmod 777 /dev/ttyUSB1
but I don't imagine doing this each time I want to sync.

I've also noticed that the pilot is disconnected automaticaly after a certain period. Here is the log :
--
Mar 22 16:41:37 mirv kernel: usb 4-1: USB disconnect, address 11
Mar 22 16:41:37 mirv kernel: visor ttyUSB0: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now disconnected from ttyUSB0 Mar 22 16:41:37 mirv kernel: visor ttyUSB1: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now disconnected from ttyUSB1

Anyway, thank for your help, Matt !

Jerome